It’s not a proper Christmas party without a good buffet! Take a look at our Christmas party food ideas for inspiration for what to serve and how to decorate your festive party snacks!
It goes without saying that the colour scheme for any Santa-themed party should be red and white, and there are loads of opportunities to get creative with table accessories!
• 225g butter
• 250g plain flour
• 100g golden caster sugar
• 280g mincemeat
• 1 small egg
• Icing sugar, to dust
1) Rub the butter and flour together then mix in the golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt to make a dough. Knead it briefly.
2) Preheat your oven to 200°C, grease a pie tray and press a small ball of dough into each one.
3) Fill each pie with mincemeat and put a circular lid on each one.
4) Beat a small egg and brush the top of each pie. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and then dust with icing sugar.
5) Serve on a festive serving platter and decorate with Christmas cake picks.
Perfect for parties or a fun Christmas Eve activity with the kids, follow our easy recipe to make these cute Christmas cupcakes. Once baked, decorate them with our Christmas sugar decorations and show off your festive bakes on a red or green serving platter!
• 100g caster sugar
• 100g margarine
• 100g self-raising flour
• 2 eggs
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) Cream together the caster sugar and margarine with an electric whisk or spoon.
3) Whisk the eggs and gradually beat them into the sugar and margarine mixture.
4) Sieve the flour and slowly beat it into the mixture with a spoon.
5) Put a heaped spoonful of mixture into each cupcake case and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cakes are golden brown.
6) Decorate with red or green icing and a selection of Christmas sugar decorations!
Get your Christmas celebrations off to a good start with our easy champagne cocktail! Simply put 25ml brandy, one teaspoon of sugar and a twist of orange peel into a glass. Then push and stir the orange rind with a spoon to release the flavour, and top it up with champagne. Decorate each glass with a snowflake or Santa hat and serve!
Or for something a little less strong, try half a glass of orange juice topped with champagne for a Christmas morning Buck’s Fizz!